1. Birth Certificate - Long version original Birth Certificate.
2. Declaration of Marital Status – Single couples must present a letter from the Vital Statistics Office which states that they have never been married before.
3. If divorced - An original divorce certificate or a final judgment decree.
4. If widowed - A death certificate.
5. Passport copy* - Colored copies are preferable
6. Witnesses – Six (6) witnesses are required if the marriage is performed outside of the Marriage hall.
If Marriage is performed at the Marriage Hall, only two witnesses must be provided.
Female witnesses must provide a copy of their birth certificate.
Witnesses must be 18 years and older.
Witnesses can be provided by Sint Maarten Marry-Me, if none are available from the bridal party
7. Questionnaire: It is imperative that the client questionnaire be completed and signed as it contains essential information for our files and the procession of documents.
8. Deposit: Upon entering into the contract with Sint Maarten Marry-Me, a non- refundable deposit of USD $700.00 will be required to secure your wedding date. This deposit will be credited to your final invoice.
A legal ceremony is conducted under the Laws of Sint Maarten and the vows can not be changed or adjusted by the couple.
All documents have to be originals and should be in the possession of the Wedding Planner, no later than two months prior to the actual wedding date.
All documents should not be older than three months when they are submitted to the Registrar office.
All US documents require an “Apostille Stamp” from the Secretary of State.
All Canadian documents require an “Authentication Stamp” from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a “Legalization Stamp” from the Dutch Consulate.
Passport copies do not require an “Apostille Stamp”
For other countries that are not listed above please contact your Wedding Planner.
All documents must be faxed or scanned for verification to your Wedding Planner.
DHL, FEDEX, UPS or similar courier services are HIGHLY recommended when sending us your official documents. Regular mail takes up to 6 weeks with no guarantee of arriving safely.
Documents will be returned to the couple together with the Marriage Certificate.
For more information please feel free to contact us.